Every council, every government department and just about every corporate entity will tell you that they are highly efficient, well oiled machines. That is usually until someone new comes along and proves otherwise.
The story’s the same but this time it’s your council that’s in the firing line, because you and I have had enough and despite years of promises by Mayors and councillors nothing has ever changed.
Our approach is and will be different.
Inflation is at a mere 0.4%, most companies and organisations are working smarter, more efficiently and at cheaper rates but not your incumbent Mayor or councillors.
Bureaucracy and red tape are not efficient, the recent announcement of yet another management tier in council, is not efficient, miscalculation of interest swaps amounting to a $7,000,000.00 ( seven million dollar loss ) paper loss is not efficient, the signing off of incomplete projects, is not efficient, ( a further $7,000,000.00 loss ) passing bylaws that are thrown out, is not efficient, wasting money on court cases when you are wrong, is not efficient, basing cash flows on the sale of a property the terms of which were ruled to be illegal, is not efficient.
There are piles upon piles of examples of inefficiency within our council and that is not even addressing the excessive use of outside consultants, offshore contractors and failed legal challenges. The waste is staggering!
Things are getting well out of control...
- Go-Whangarei will stop wasteful spending using common sense and greater business experience.
- We will maintain infrastructure with greater efficiency and with better project management.
- We will encourage greater community participation in getting projects done economically and without the red tape and bureaucracy. We will be flexible.
- There are skills in council that should be better utilised and we will do this.
- Present Councillors have not taken responsibility rather they rely on expensive consultants to do so. We will take responsibility and we have the experience and skills to make decisions ourselves.
- Council spending must be reined in. Bureaucracy must be cut, paperwork must be reduced, meetings should be reduced and consultancy reports cut across the board. In summary, we WILL cut costs.
- We will do jobs once and do them properly.
- We will introduce a greater efficiency, working smarter and we will look for and embrace simple and practical solutions.
- We will support those who bring common sense and sound solutions.
Airport. Consultancy $2.0M +
More consultancy reports costing $2M? Go-Whangarei has several experienced pilots and within our community we have further experience and a load of common sense that is immediately available at little or no cost. Let’s open those discussions and see where they lead. It’s simple, it’s cost effective and there is no immediate panic.
- We will not be spending any more money on consultancy reports. We will adopt sensible dialogue with local experts and pilots alike whilst we consider the merits of any new airport.